Are you ready to work differently? At Smith Patrick CPAs, you’ll join a dynamic team where you can use your knowledge of tax and accounting to transform client relationships.
We are a full-service CPA firm located in the Webster Groves area of St. Louis, heavily focused on superior client services for our small business clients. Our firm has experienced fantastic growth and is widely recognized in the St. Louis and surrounding area. With a core of strong work ethic and family values, we’ve designed a culture around what our employees value the most: a challenging and rewarding career in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere.
We’ve re-imagined the way we service our clients. We’ve innovated to become the proactive, strategic partner instead of the traditional, historian role. We lead with Advisory Services, partnering with our clients to educate and implement tax efficient business strategies.
The tax return is the end result of strategic planning.
Smith Patrick CPAs is at the forefront of the growing Cannabis industry, advising marijuana related businesses on tax and accounting. It’s an exciting time to be a part of this new industry, which is constantly changing. Our company has been involved in industry organizations and legislative efforts from the beginning.
As a Senior member of the Cannabis Services Team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our clients to:
- Proactively interact with client management to make business and tax recommendations
- Create, analyze, and present financial results directly to the client. You will work with clients to understand their financial position and strategically plan based on regularly scheduled meetings
- Manage complex issues, which require creativity, research, and comprehension of tax law, including related implications
- Be more than just the “Tax Person”
- Work will be mainly focused on the Cannabis Industry
- Create, analyze, and present financial results using various technologies
- Prepare and review tax returns while assuming primary responsibility for client engagements, including scheduling, staffing, timing, technical issues, and additional duties as needed
- Ensure the completion of engagements, including identifying and addressing problem areas with minimal oversight or assistance
- Manage, supervise, and mentor staff, including mentoring in professional development, guiding and teaching through technical challenges, and maintaining a positive team atmosphere
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or related required
- Master of Science in Accounting or Taxation desired
- CPA license
- 3+ years public accounting firm experience required
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set and work with goals, objectives, and deadlines
- Experience with various tax and accounting software
- Health insurance
- Professional development
- Firm sponsored meals
- Company paid CPE
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Commensurate with experience
At Smith Patrick life is good; we do everything we can to make sure our employees not only have great jobs, but great lives. Come join us.